- marginalized person: *writes public post about issues/problems in society*
- privileged person: why don't you STAND UP for yourself? and stop writing this bs
- marginalized person: ...but this is me standing up for myself
- privileged person: ...but i don't like it. ew. just be yourself and quit whining
- marginalized person: but this is me being myself
- privileged person: i don't like that either. can't you be less mean? just be nice for once
- marginalized person: i tried being nice and no one listened. you wouldn't have even noticed this post or commented if this was nice
- privileged person: ...whatever just stop making up problems. if you stopped talking about these issues there's BE no more "ism"
- marginalized person: *sigh*
Oh—you wouldn’t date a girl who’s ever been a stripper?
In that case, I wouldn’t date a guy who’s ever been to a strip club.
Oh—you wouldn’t date a girl who’s ever done porn?
In that case, I wouldn’t date a guy who’s ever watched porn.
You’re the reason we exist.
You’re the demand to our supply.
If you disdain sex workers, don’t you dare consume our labor.
As they say in the industry, “People jack off with the left hand and point with the right.”"